Oh, wow, I just spotted this on DJ Hyuji’s twitter. There’s currently a Finnish crowdfunding campaign going on for a Eurodance documentary titled “Never-ending Dream.” The trailer features appearances from Eurodance legends like Pandora, Udo Niebergall (producer behind Captain Jack), Bruce Lacy (the current Captain Jack), and Dr. Alban. There are also mentions of other notable Dancemania acts like E-Rotic, DJ BoBo, and Basic Element, so hopefully members from those groups will be interviewed as well. The movie is currently set to debut at the end of 2016.
First up is the Exit Tunes 2010 Winter Comi Goods Set. For only 3,000 yen, you’ll get:
- 1. Original Super Big Size Paper Bag – A super big bag to carry all of your Comiket goodies. Features original Exit Tunes art.
- 2. Mikeou Special Color Print – A special illustration done by the artist, Mikeou, just for C79.
- 3. Akane Ikegami Special Bath Poster – A special bath poster illustrated by Akane Ikegami.
- 4. Mana Mitui Special Desk Mat – A special desk mat featuring art by Mana Mitui.
- 5. Matsuda98 Special Clear Book Cover – A special paperback book cover drawn by Matsuda98
- 6. Chan×Co Clear Bookmarks – A set of 6 bookmarks illustrated by Chan×Co.
- 7. 2011 Speed Anime Trance Best Model Desk Calendar – A 2011 desk calendar featuring cover art from various SATB releases
20 random sets will also come with posters signed by Mikeou. Not quite as good as the Summer set, I think. I really liked those alternate covers they had.
More merchandise after the jump.
First up is the Exit Tunes 2010 Summer Comike Goods Set. For only 3,000 yen, you’ll get:
- 1. Super Big Size Paper Bag – A super big bag to carry all of your Comike goodies. Features original Exit Tunes art.
- 2. Speed Anime Trance Best Mouse Pad – Club Complex Code has been closed for a while now, but I guess they were too lazy to remove the name.
- “3. Barusa Miko” Bath Poster – Poster featuring the cover girl of UmaUma Trance
- 4. Speed Anime Trance Best Ecstasy Series Clear Bookmark – A set of four bookmarks featuring the cover girls of SATB Ecstasy
- 5. Supernova 2 Clear Poster
- 6. Speed Anime Trance Best 10 Clear Poster
- 7. Deluxe Another Jacket – 5 Kinds – Alternate covers for Eki Trance, Sagyouyou BGM Electro House 2, Gakkou Trance 3 Jigenme, UmaUma Trance 5, and Famitrance EX
Cheaper than last winter’s set by 500 yen. Totally worth it for that awesome alt Famitrance art. When I first saw it I thought Famitrance 2 had been announced. Oh, Quake, you’re such a tease.
More merchandise after the jump.
July’s biggest releases are now out, and full versions are up on iTunes:
Speed Anime Trance Best 7 is selling at a brisk pace, landing at 13th place on Oricon’s daily charts. It slipped to 15 yesterday, but I think it’s outpacing SATB 6. Cinema Covers 2 barely made a dent, but that’s typical for Quake’s non-anime releases.
It turns out that the final track on SATB 7 ended up being the Ryu* remix after all. And according to Quake, it’s an original song. Now I’m wondering where the original, non-Ryu* version will pop up. SATB 7 is pretty enjoyable overall, though their version of “Don’t say ‘lazy'” pales in comparison to the kors k mix. I’m not entirely sure what to make of “Shut Up and Explode,” either. It’s good, no doubt, but it’s also far too similar to the original. That said, MK, Starving Trancer, and B.U.S. brought the goods with excellent remixes of their respective songs.
As for Cinema Covers, I have four words for you: FOO YOU GONNA CALL? I don’t think I’ll ever listen to that song in the same way ever again. Other highlights include “Superman,” “Navras” (would’ve been better with the chanting, however) and, unsurprisingly, “Raider’s March.” Meanwhile, “Welcome to Jurassic Park” ended up being a bit of surprise. I was expecting them to reuse the melody already heard on Cinema Trance’s “Theme from Jurassic Park,” but they used a different motif as the basis, so it is indeed an entirely new song. The focus is also more on pianos, unlike the synth-heavy “Theme.”
So, remember, if there’s something strange in your neighborfood, foo you gonna call?